As summer comes to a close, start your preparations to get your home ready for the fall and winter. The more that you do ahead, the easier it will be in the fall. Paying attention to basic home maintenence will protect your investment.
- Inspect and maintain your air conditioning unit and replace filters.
- Use grass clippings as fertilizer.
- Be sure all family members know the location of water and gas shut-off valves.
- Prepare your garden and lawn for cooler temperatures.
- Replace any broken lightbulbs and make necessary repairs to outdoor lighting.
- Clean dryer vent duct.
- Test your sump pump.