The Town of Lewisboro is comprised of the hamlets of: Bountonville, Cross River, Goldens Bridge, Lake Katonah, Lake Truesdale, Lewisboro, South Salem, Vista and Waccabuc.
Government: The Town of Lewisboro is under one government with a town supervisor, and one police force.
Post Office: Each hamlet though has its own Post Office and zip code. See website for USPS for locations, hours & services at each location. Goldens Bridge, Lewisboro, South Salem and Waccabuc.
Schools: The Town of Lewisboro is within the Katonah Lewisboro School District with 4 elementary schools-Katonah Elementary,Increase Miller Elementary, Lewisboro Elementary and Meadow Pond Elementary School. The district has one campus in Cross River where John Jay Middle School and John Jay High School are located.
Transportation-Commuting. The Metro North Train line has a stop in Goldens Bridge and the Town of Lewisboro NY has an exits Interstate 684 in Goldens Bridge just north of the Saw Mill Parkway in Katonah making it an easy commute on the west side of the town. Also, on the eastern side of the town, it is accessible to the Merritt Parkway from South Salem/Vista going south on Route 123 into New Canaan to the Merritt Parkway or to the train station in New Canaan.
History: After purchasing land from the local natives, the first settlers established themselves around South Salem. The town was formed in 1747 as the "Town of Salem." By 1790 the town assumed it current dimensions as lands were removed for other towns. The name also changed to South Salem in 1806. John Lewis, a financier, requested that the town be given his name and established a fund for the town, though he did not follow through on his promise for a railroad link. Lewisboro is noted for its elaborate gardens, most notable in its public traffic triangles. Dry stone walls and elaborate colonial mansions are another dominant feature.