Winter officially begins this month so it's time to finish those outside projects before the snow begins. If you plan to put up outside decorations, remember to get the necessary help and don't attempt to do electrical or other projects yourself that your are not experienced to handle. If your plans call for climbing a ladder, make sure there is someone there to hold it & never try to climb alone.
Finally, when your to-do list includes finding your next home, contact me for a free home market analysis
- Monitor ice build-up in gutters and downspouts.
- Inspect all interior plugs and switches for safety
- Check and maintain fire extinguisher.
- Examine wood burning flues for blockage and clean if necessary.
- Grind ice cubes in garbage disposal to sharpen blades.
- Check attic for leaks and condensation.
- Store firewood at least 30 feet away from the house.
- Check and replace if necessary showels, ice scapers or other snow removal equipment.
- Purchase and have handy salt or kitty litter for iced walkways, sidewalks.