Paying attention to basic home maintenance responsibilities will help protect your investment. Keep in mind that maintenance needs vary from home to home and community to community so you may want to add or subtract a few things from these monthly lists, depending on where you live.
Finally, when your to-do list includes finding your next home, contact me for a free home market analysis.
- Check the snow load on your roof. If it seems excessive, call a roofing contractor to remove the snow, which could otherwise cause the roof to leak or collapse.
- Clean faucet aerators and shower heads.
- Remove and replace any worn or crumbling caulk or grout in and around bathtubs, sinks and toilets.
- Vacuum bathroom vent fan covers.
- Make sure the lightbulbs in all home fixtures are of the correct wattage.
- Replace all extension cords, lamp cords and plugs that are brittle, worn or damaged