Paying attention to basic home maintenance responsibilities will help protect your investment. Keep in mind that maintenance needs vary from home to home and community to community so you may want to add or subtract a few things from these monthly lists, depending on where you live.
Finally, when your to-do list includes finding your next home, contact me for a free home market analysis.
- Keep plenty of salt handy in your garage or basement for icy sidewalks and walkways.
- Examine and clean kitchen appliances.
- Vacuum the condenser coil located in the back or bottom of the refrigerator and clean the drain pan.
- Wash kitchen exhaust hood and air filters.
- Clean dishwasher food filters and check that openings in spray arms are clear.
- Store a fire extinguisher within reach of your stove.
- Check your attic for adequate insulation.