Paying attention to basic home maintenance responsibilities will help protect your investment. Keep in mind that maintenance needs vary from home to home and community to community so you may want to add (or subtract) a few things from these lists, depending on where you live.
Finally, when your to-do list includes finding your next home, contact me for a free home market analysis.
- Inspect walls and ceilings for cracks or bulges, and patch and paint as necessary
- Hire a professional to check your water heater.
- Check basement and crawl space for moisture or leakage after wet weather.
- Examine exterior fascia and trim for deterioration.
- Repair cracked, broken or uneven driveways and sidewalks.
- Inspect your stairs and railings for any loose sections