Cortlandt is one of those towns made up of several smaller villages and hamlets. The Village of Croton-on-Hudson though is within the Town of Cortlandt , has its own government.
Communities and locations within the Town of Cortlandt include:
- Buchanan – The Village of Buchanan.
- Chimney Corners – A hamlet north of Croton-on-Hudson.
- Cortlandt Manor - site of a August 31, 1778 battle between Loyalists and Stockbridge Indians
- Croton-on-Hudson – The Village of Croton-on-Hudson.
- Crugers– A hamlet of Cortlandt. Includes the Cortlandt train station.
- Furnace Woods
- Montrose – A hamlet of Cortlandt.
- Mount Airy
- Oscawana – Includes Oscawana Island.
- Roe Park
- Van Cortlandtville
- Verplanck – A hamlet of Cortlandt.
Post Office: The Town of Cortlandt has 7 post offices each located in one of the smaller hamlets within the town and has it's own zip code. See website for USPS for locations, hours & services at each location.
Villages -- Buchanan 10511; Croton-On-Hudson 10520;
Hamlets-- Cortltandt Manor 10517; Croton-On-Hudson 10520-9998; Crugers 10520-1128; Montrose 10548; Verplanck 10596;